Redditch United have demonstrated their commitment to extending their work within the community through the launch of a Community Interest Company (CIC).
Redditch United in the Community CIC is a not-for-profit community company that will be responsible for generating a positive local impact. The range of projects delivered by the CIC will aim to improve the lives of people living in Redditch and the surrounding areas.
The launch of the CIC has been born out of the extending community work that the club has been delivering over the past year. The club commissioned a Social Impact Report (SIR) to highlight the work that the club is now doing in and around Redditch and the extensive range of partners that the club is now working with to deliver a range of positive outcomes.
Redditch United in the Community aims to:
- Provide sports activities and programs that are accessible, inclusive, and cater to the needs of the local community
- Promote health and well-being
- Offer opportunities to support the aspirations of individuals in sports
- Promote teamwork, fair play, and sportsmanship
- Collaborate with other organisations
- Ensure equitable access to sports activities
- Ensure the ongoing sustainability of the CIC
- Operate in an environmentally sustainable manner
Community benefits include:
- Increase sports participation and its associated benefits
- Provide affordable and accessible sports activities
- Promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Provide unique experiences and opportunities
Redditch United Chairman David Faulkner said, “We are very aware that if the town is to support us, then we must support the town too. Many people are probably unaware of the extensive work we do in the community and the positive impact that we make for the town of Redditch and its people. Our Social Impact Report is a celebration of this work, and the range of partners that we work with, to deliver these positive outcomes. The development of Redditch United in the Community was a logical next step to continue to deliver outcomes for Redditch.
Community Officer Balvinder Shekhon added, “Our community programmes have been a real focus for the club over the past year as we continue to grow our footprint within the community. We are now working with a range of local partners to deliver some really exciting projects that are making a huge difference to many people’s lives. The CIC company will sit separate from the main club and will now house all of our schools, community and junior programmes to provide greater transparency for how funds are spent and broaden the types of activities we can deliver.
Redditch United in the Community is now on the hunt for additional local partners who would like to work with us to deliver change for Redditch.
For more information please contact email@example.com